Thursday, July 21, 2011

hatched, 20 years apart



You'll have to trust me that they are brothers. Also trust me that they were having fun. The elder had refused to go out with us on a sail boat for some time but the kayaking (I'm guessing) has made him more open so this time when I asked him to come along he simply said yes. The idea of standing on the "V berth" in the bow was a trick the younger one had been perfecting and we'd discovered gave the fun of being on the bow without the necessity of holding on to him. And it worked for the eldest too -this was the first time he enjoyed sailing. Naturally on this outing the jib caught on a spar and tore making that giant sucking sound. Swoosh there goes the bank account into the hole in the water (i.e. the boat).

And can I complain? No. It is an embarassment of riches. I know it. Every day I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment