Thursday, September 13, 2012

weeding would be nice

Yes, somewhere under there is a garden. meanwhile Grandma is crying because she "can't figure out a way out of this mess our country is in." I thought pointing out that if she did no one would listen.  I figure these things out all the time and no one listens. Certainly not the new associate pastor (remember this is an anonymous blog so I'll deny it if you quote me) or the church ladies that make me crazy. Fortunately there are the church ladies who keep me sane - that's what church is for -it brings balance to my life. 
  Besides I can move on to complaining about the 2nd grade teacher who may be the first woman I've seen with a Napoleon complex. Not that she's trying to over subjugate all of Europe -unless you substitute all of Europe with "7 year old boys". She is attempting to bring them to heel.
 Meanwhile the eldest is settling into his basement digs nicely and Grandma duties and I when he was late getting her lunch and she tried to be funny (or was it encouraging) by saying, "Well at least you can walk.." and something else but I missed that because I was busy walking away so I wouldn't point out that what he does is barely walking.
 The other two offspring are away in their various educational pursuits so I only worry about them when they call. Or when they don't. I imagine that if they would just find some lovely Christian spouses and settle down and provide grandchildren all my worries would be over (at least regarding these two). I never said I wasn't delusional.
Also there's funny goings on in academia and I am sure I did a good job with that undergraduate class but 3 of the 8 who turned in evaluation didn't so my "bottom line" score is "of concern" and now I am forced into using run on sentences just to get over it. In my defense let me point out one complained I went too slow, one that I said too much and one that I didn't post my notes. That one even used the word "punitive" to describe this despicable insistence on note-taking. I was impressed.
 But the garden gets weedier everyday and I am beginning to despair of recovering it before the winter. There was no real point to this point except I hadn't posted in a few weeks. No insights. No funny story. Just weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment