Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Officially Untitled (But the picture explains)

 3 months since I last tried to put life in written word. My written words have been PowerPoints and emails - do they count?  But they were mostly to explain statistics, or jargon or why a grade really couldn't be rounded up 3 points to an A.  The last month my mom was with us was really the hardest time we've ever had with her. Everyone at the end of their ropes. And now she is gone... to her other daughter's. She turned 95 just a few weeks after the changing of the guard and this guard didn't even call. In fact now she is almost back with us again. Only 2 weeks left of a three month break and I am looking forward to her being back -in her own house with my daughter in charge for the next 5 weeks. So that gets me close to not hyperventilating when I think of the whole 24/7 caretaking thing again. One step at a time.
 As far as how Grandma is doing: well she got pneumonia a few weeks after leaving here and then spent another month in hospital/rehab in Maryland. We visited a little while she was in the hospital - when she was scared she'd never see us agin. That's the youngest running his fingers through her hair because he noticed her doing it and told me later he realized that was something he could do for her. If anyone should wonder about the impact on my kids of taking care of grandma here's the answer....  She is recovered enough now to back to where she was in the window of time between recovering from the broken pelvis and the pneumonia (with accompanying anemia, but that is truly another story). SHe didn't get any younger though. Neither did we.

No comments:

Post a Comment