Monday, August 17, 2009

Second time -that's practically a pattern




No followers yet! Still, it seems a bit strong to refer to any friends or relatives I do convince to sign up as actual followers -but I like the idea.

I'm still just getting my feet wet here.

I stopped by the square where "the big boys" hang out. "Thanael's fends." Jesse wants to stay with them. They run around the brick courtyard pretending to be -well, I don't know what it was but it obviously had wings. I love moments like that. Street lamp lit and warm and too relaxed to even call sultry. The laziest of summer afternoons with the light turned off. Faces come in and out of my depth of field (so to speak) and the conversation is slow. But I did learn one young man's dreams -not so far from my own at that age and nothing like as well. And my son is there to scoop up his little brother and carry him back to the car and I know he is showing off their bond, and maybe even ours- because I am obviously trusting him even as I call out to take it slow as he runs with Jesse on his back. So there it all was. Talk about writing a PhD dissertation, a 4 year old running wid and a gathering of young men who are all my wild child's friends. That must be a success.


Then I came home and spent an hour-maybe more, trying to get the lint off the clothes I washed with a chenille throw. Lint is sort of an understatement. I could stuff several pillows.

1 comment:

  1. The ways of the computers and this google group are deep and mysterious. I can join and comment by one name, though it is not the name I just signed in as. It is older and also younger. Maybe computers need time to digest new information.

    ReplyDelete