Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recipe correction and lists



My Christmas cactus should be renamed "not-even-the-holidays- yet" cactus and this picture is 2 weeks old so it is in full glory as I type. I've tried many times to capture that glory with the 'macro' feature on several digital cameras but somehow the cactus defeats the automatic sensors everytime. They just can't take the reality of it's crazy colors. Me too.

I realized several days after my last post that I had forgotten the spices -funny for someone making a point of seasoning. I am going back and adding them but it was the pumpkin pie hints that made this bread special -it hits your olfactory nerves as all Thanksgiving-y and then settles down to just a nice bread. And actually it goes with any wine (according to Jenni).

I am posting today because I put it on my list. If it is not on my list it is not... something on my list, and how can I know if it isn't on my list when all I know is whatever the list tells me. There may be be more I had to say...

Jesse may have THE flu, Mom may have 4 more months with the brace and has had 6 weeks of wearing her back brace the wrong way, Caleb may have THE flu shot as he has a higher risk category for serious flu sequelae, the local police may have just been harrassing the middle son with the threat to tow his car parked in front of his own house because it is a cul de sac, the dispatcher may have thought it was not terrifying to call us with, "Are you the owner of...? Hold while I connect the officer," I may have THE nervous breakdown NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment