Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's day


Jesse actually said this morning that the birds in the trees were all singing Happy Daddy's day -then while we were doing last minute yard stuff in the unbeleivable for this time in the morning heat he ate the blueberries (handpicked wild no less) I had set aside for his father. Now he is on time out and I am taking a moment and then we leave for 2 weeks (I packed this morning).
Disney World -the happiest place on earth. So how do you ask people to pray you survive it or explain bursting into tears every time you try and talk to Guest Services (... to find out about handicap access -oh, clue) ? After a week moving my mom back into her house (thank you big sister for joining her for a few weeks), cleaning, organizing, floating in the raft tied to the dock (full disclosure) rushing back for a student's final presentation and packing (this morning remember?) now I get to take a 20 yr old who has an uncanny talent for getting lost, a 5 year old (enough said) and the 25 yr old with the crutches that broke yesterday and are now cobbled together from old spare parts (you get the idea of the sort of thing we keep in our basement) to Disney World while Daddy relaxes in all day meetings. And while I don't hesitate to send out mass emails asking for prayers for hospitalizations I thought it wouldn't go over big this time. Is there special coverage for "vacations"? Now I am not asking for sympathy because (in my heart) I know I don't deserve it but if you could all laugh at me and maybe get a few friends to laugh at me too (if you know my dear college daughter and can picture her lost in Disney World it will help) maybe that will get me through because I will be too embarrassed not to pull myself together and smile at Mickey.
Oh and the biggest reason I don't deserve sympathy can be seen here walking on the beach with the time out boy. Dad's are pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment