Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strength

 This is not a recent picure but it flashed up on my desktop background the other day (set to random picutres in the "critters" file) and it's hard not to love. The eldest wanted to get near the burros but the crutches freaked them out. Oddly enough neither the old guy nor the 4 year old freaked them out.
 Anyway the point of this entry (OK not really a sharp point) is that I was watching a "viral" video on the web with pediatric cancer patients lip syncing to the song "Stronger" -"What ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..." and I tried to tell the family members at the table why I had tears running down my face. Unfortunately the members present were my very literal first born and my 94-year-old-not killed-yet mother. The former started laughing and the latter snorted. I tried to correct them. The former insisted it was really ironic and the latter said, "Yes dear. You really should show it to me sometime." (As if after 51 years I don't know a head pat when I get one). My point is not that the video isn't incredible -it really is. But, just maybe, the former and the latter have some points.
                    After all they earned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment