Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm not saying it makes sense


No broken bones (yesterdays xrays)but 91 years has battered her a bit. And when my mom is trying not to be a "burden" then it seems the most like one. Life is funny.
Jesse thought the photographing was all about him when we stopped in the Rockies last summer to join the other tourists shooting away at this poor resting elk. But he was enjoying it (Jesse not the elk).
I am down even though we still managed to sled today even as the melting snow is making rivers down our sad broken gutters. Jesse introduced us the "flashlight sledding". But I couldn't help noticing how he towered over the kids in the Music Together (plug) class today - all young preschoolers and he is almost not a preschooler. I tried to remember when he was that age. And I couldn't really. Already. What will I be like if I live to mom's age? What will I remember? I want it all back -but if I go back to when my guys were little there would be no Jesse. That is something this age span makes too hard -picking a time you could go back to even if you could. This is silly. Mugging for the camera even now and none of the other tourists notice. I am tired and the world seems so full of lies I can not set straight (or even disentangle) and time does what it always does and I just seem to watch it and not do a thing about it.
Try the "Why worry" video again -it works today. Why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment