Tuesday, May 18, 2010

heartaches

Last summer. But it still makes me happy. And you can see the scar on the back of my first born's head. But what you really see is his sister holding him up because the donkey's were afraid of his crutches. There was music video I saw, a counrty one of course, with cute children saying what they wanted to be when they grow up -including a cute on in a wheel chair. He wanted to be an explorer. And of course as the future is all opportunity and technological advances this is a real possibility -in music video land. You can be whatever you dream.

Caleb is not so cute anymore.

And tomorrow we pick up my mom but yesterday she fell again. She had my sister call so she could ask me what doctor to see, and could we stop by for an MRI on the way home tomorrow? She didn't completely make sense, and she was starting to cry and then saying my sister thought she was being "stupid". This is my mom and when it comes down to it I'd probably rather think that my sibling was not being as nice as I would be rather than my mom is falling apart but I know it's not true. My sister is nicer and I could hear her trying to reassure our mom. I could hear her. I didn't want to. I wanted to hang up. I am curled up in a king size hotel bed while my husband is at meetings and my older ones have the little one for 2 days so that I can relax. Already I had a call from my cardiologist that they will have to postpone my nuclear stress test because they asked the insurance company's permission too late (and you think this will be better with my federal involvelment?). Since I had started to worry over this test and had been scheduling aroung it for several days I handled it (not) very well. I cried to the insurance company -and here's the thing. They are trying to fix it now. God knows why they would want to keep us on their role but maybe they figure everyone will want the plan we have. If they can't I just have to reschedule and wait another week to spend thousonds to find out that it's just stress and menopause. Any bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment