Saturday, February 19, 2011

A funny thing happened on my way to blog...

I had this idea I was going to start blogging regularly -just for myself of course. And I would share what was happening in my generationally challenged household -just for myself of course. Every week I would update our ER visit status, the seizure status, the lost meds status -just for myself of course. No one else need read it. I would wrtie just for myself.

And then I went to the beach a few more times, and out in the boat (if you have a boat that is "the boat", the only boat, the place your money goes (if there was any after the college educations, the car repairs and home maintenance)). Somehow though, every time I sat down to "blog" I'd look up some old movie plot or check for sales on my favorite china or favorite author on Amazon instead. Then I'd be too tired. Certainly too tired to update myself on my life.

And 6 months went by with nary a blog, not a jot, nada. I missed it. I knew it helped me. Even a few (kind) friends said they missed it. So the obvious truth is I may want to write for myself but having convinced myself that I am writing just for myself didn't leave me with much motivation. Nope, none. Hubris or not that's the truth. So I'll write to whoever is reading and not pretend I'm not hoping someone is -because really it is pretty silly when it comes down to it to pretend that. But the reason I have this desire to speak my mind, well that's just for myself because after all this is a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment