Friday, March 11, 2011



So I actually used this picture at the beginning of a lecture. A little random but it reminded me of some point I wanted to make about experiments and of my home-on-spring-break girl. The point is I try to add some color to a sometimes dry topic. Apparently not enough because about a third of the way through I hear this soft sound, and I look and there is this very tall student with his legs stretched all the way out in front of him and his head at rest on his chest and he is snoring. He looked so peaceful. I stopped and asked the class if maybe someone ought to poke him and then there is a moment of complete silence -silence except for the gentle foosh shoosh of his snoring. I decided we'd just carry on but he was only a few feet from me and it was hard not to keep sliding my eyes over to check on his napping. Finally the student behind him poked him. He looked disgruntled until she whispered something to him which I'm guessing was along the lines of, "busted" and then he sat up very straight and put his face in his hands. Somehow I went on ...and he went on to argue about some point he didn't understand later in the lecture. Which if you think about it was just a little nervy. So I wonder what he'll put on my evaluation- did I lose points on "accomodates different learning styles" ? ...foosh swoosh, foosh swoosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment