Monday, September 26, 2011

scary world

... but a brother makes it less scary. How can you argue with a 18 year age difference now?


I was going to talk about what a mess the world is. And how depressed I get reading about what people find entertaining these days. Or how my mom complained that the other day when she said she was bored I turned the TV on to a cartoon for her to watch. That got a laugh -as she intended. Only she didn't add that I'd searched and searched for anything that wouldn't be offensive to some one born in 1918 -regardless of how open minded they had considered themselves (and I stayed with her to watch Kung Fu Panda and we both laughed at it -she skipped that too).



Also the van died and we don't exactly need another vehicle that seats 8 (even if only theorretically since we never really wanted to put 8 in that space not to mention we'd 'lost' one seatbelt years ago) but on the other hand crutches and walkers don't fit so well into anything else. And the sun has not been shining much and as the older brother in this picture used to say, "blah, blah, blah."



Then I looked for a picture from (just) yesterday to post and I saw some hope for the future again.

No comments:

Post a Comment