Monday, June 11, 2012

Notable Achievements

  Yesterday, with only 4 days left of being a first grader, my baby held a baby goat. Someone else had to catch it for him so it may not be worth as many points. 

That's OK because tomight he caught FOUR lightning bugs and had them all safe in his hands. He let them go and caught another set. In his pajamas. And with barefeet. And all by himself. He had to stretch way up high to get some. He flew after them.  

There were so many lightning bugs and the gardenia is blooming and the blooms are so white they shine out too.  I caught several fireflies (I like both names) but mine always escaped when I tried to catch more. Bedtime boy was more careful. I promised we'd put some in a jar next time. He wants to keep them forever. So do I.





If you look carefully here the yellow streak on the right is a lightning bug. You can;t really get a picture of it. You have to be there. You really do. But it counts as an achievement. You get a gold medal for catching four at once I'm pretty sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment