Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Actual photo illustration

I was wondering what photo went with crazy and then I remembered  way back to ... this afternoon. It's a little hazy since I took it through the windshield which was silly since I had to get out of the car anyway to be sure no one was coming so we could turn around. And even if the guy had made this turn he wouldn't have made the next half dozen. What's even crazier is about a year ago we had to turn around in the same spot because another (at least I'm assuming it wasn't the same one) truck had done the same thing.
 It is a long drive to find another road off the Blue Ridge Parkway and by then 81 has wandered off some distance.
   In case you drive an 18 wheeler take my advice and do not attempt rte 43 to  Bedford VA. For one thing it doesn't cross the Parkway, it becomes the Parkway for 5 or 6 miles. Therefore if you did defy the laws of physics and bend your rig around these curves you would come to the "No Commercial Traffic" signs. Of course that wouldn't bother you much since you ignored all previous signs clearly indicating that large vehicles can not head up 43 from Buchanan anyway.
  It's crazy. Why drive this route? Why go over and over an email to be sure I have not offended anyone and that I don't say too much but still convey my heartfelt sincerities and then be unable to sleep because I sent it and now maybe they (it could be you even) won't like me, or will think I sound desperate or pitiful? Which I desperately and pitifully do not want to sound because that is so annoying and I do not want to annoy anyone or have mosquitoes bite them when they are in my yard because then they might not want to come back and play (not the mosquitoes mind you). And I am fully aware that this is crazy but I can not back down the road anymore than this idiot could.
  So although I could be up worrying about the desire of both my youngest and eldest to have the free puppy they were offered at my niece's wedding reception (which I'm told is unusual at receptions but we do have a unique family on both sides), and my guilt over saying NO -instead I am up with some relationship angst that is probably due to (if you keep up with science as reported by Yahoo) my oxytocin levels being either too high or too low. Or because the sun has set and frankly I am simply not happy without sunshine. In any case you can see the almost miraculous suitability of this photo. I can only assume that when the sun rises the road will be clear again. (Curse my metaphor addiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment