Wednesday, May 21, 2014

waiting (rolling and waiting)

Here "we" are at a Children's hospital. The parking lot security asked if we were there for a meeting and I had to wave the crutches at him and say, "No, appointment." Actually the car was too small to actually wave the crutches at him so I more sort of just shook them. Garmin had directed us via the most densely populated city streets possible to get there but some how we were still on time. Even after waiting in line to check in. We waited in line with all the small children and and a few teenagers. I felt very sorry for myself. Then I'd see the children in the special strollers with the head supports and with various tubes strapped here and there and then my self-pity vanished. Not really. Then it became guilty self pity.
At least my boy here said he rather enjoyed the Disney Princess show on the waiting room tv. He thought it was really amusingly odd.
 We got home in time for me to give Grandma her shot and to pick up the boy in 3rd grade and his best friend for a play date. And I made dinner (and did the laundry). I'm not sure my self-pity was guilty at that point. I mean it probably should have been but I was on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment