Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's not all about me... except in my blog

....maybe not even then. So we have all our own craziness but our friends all have normal, not crazy lives. We tell them about our crazy medical adventures while they sail and kayak with us. They have a nice normal dog and their children are all smart and good looking. That is the way it is supposed to be. I am not supposed to be waiting to hear how their emergency triple by pass went. And I most definitely am not supposed to be thinking I'm glad we didn't know about the 99% blockage last weekend while we were floating around the creek. That would have made it hard to relax.
   But this is my blog after all. I have tried to pray unselfish prayers but in the end I have to justify my totally selfish fear of losing someone who we depend on to come and play with us at my mother's river side relic and never complain about the bugs or heat or sketchy plumbing (in fact helps to fix said plumbing) with the knowledge that if he is still around for us he will conveniently still be around for like his wife (aka the supplier of books and cross-stitching support for our kids) and his kids. So I'm not being totally selfish. Not totally. Also my husband can't sleep waiting for recovery news so I'm thinking of him too. I wonder how their dog is doing? She can't be happy either. See? I don't just think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment