Monday, July 14, 2014

time travels

When I wrote my "about me" it was all about the "phase" (women love this word) I was passing through. Except I think I forgot I was only passing through it. We do that. We think it's who rather than where we are. Mind you the crutches and the wheelchairs are still here, and on occasion we've added oxygen tanks and syringes and things too fierce to mention. On the other hand the car-seat seems long gone and (for now) there are no more teenagers. In fact even when I wrote that "about me" there wasn't much left of teenagers.

 Now I surely know this is a phase. This one is flying by as surely as the airshow they were watching. Already my little guy left the  teddy bear he had carefully dressed in an aviator costume in the van. But I knew it was there.

 And I know where the handle bars are for the toilet when/if my mom comes back in September. The way I have always known summer will end, That at least hasn't changed.

 Now I have to get busy calling around for a new neurosurgeon because the one we saw for 29 years (that only sounds like a long time) has moved to Germany. I was going to ask the neurologist today but the little guy woke us up at 5am and then went back to sleep and the subject of the appointment can't actually get ready to get out the door in less than 30 minutes* so I had to beg for a new appointment after we all slept in.  Oh, ....maybe it isn't a phase.

* if you think this is because he is slow try getting dressed and leg braces on sometime when you have to do it all on the floor because you can't stand on 2 legs much less one and OK you are also a little bit obsessive about folding everything perfectly. I personally seem to approach this as a new revelation everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment