Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I'm goin' to Disney World again and stuff I never thought I'd do

Never was I going to be one of those Disney vacationers. Never.

I'd never change my hair color

I'd never post a picture of myself in a questionable ... bathing suit.

Never ignore my youngest because he was being whiney, never be desperate for a break from my own mother, never buy a smart phone, never forget (and barely be bothered about it) a medical appointment for the eldest, never look forward to an empty nest, never find chocolate more irresistible than my husband.

Never thought I'd dislike my own children (of course I don't mean you dear, the other ones) even for just a day or two.

Never thought I'd be one of those pushy moms (although I'm not saying I should be surprised).

Never thought that in my 50's I'd still worry about who likes me enough to respond right away to emails or texts. And never thought I'd be texting -even after all the teenagers were doing it I didn't think I would.

 Never thought I'd still want to be popular (because if they don't respond what does that mean?). 

I didn't think my yard would ever get this overgrown or my basement this cluttered...again.

I didn't think my mother would live this long at that some of my friends would not.

... maybe I just didn't think... think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment