Monday, August 25, 2014

OK, Who Stole August?

This guy?

Let's see in August the oldest went kayaking for several hours -that means for several hours he was not in the basement on his computer or doing his exercises -which he is very faithful about. If only I could convince him to put that OCDness into working on some kinda future of his own. But, hey, no seizures and other than one long visit to the ER to find the chest pains were from the exercise and not the shunt I just let it all go...

 The 9 year old learned to ride a bike. Yes, I know he's 9. But he had convinced himself that he never would be able to do it so really it was very exciting.

 I have no idea what the situation is with Grandma's blood. She may need more. We can only hope it's from a young person because if she was a rat this would apparently make her younger -or at least it made the rats look younger. I'm not entirely clear on how that worked.

 So in fact all that was really missing was your typical August weather so if this guy did steal that we'd all say thanks.

And the summer hasn't even really rushed by - and neither has my 3 month break from elder care - because I still have a WHOLE month of left. Whoo hoo.

I know there is something wrong with my raccoon like delight in getting every last seed from this feeder. Life is funny. All the years I thought I couldn't bear to lose my mom and now, well. I'd forgotten what it was like to just be able to make plans that were barely plans at all... and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. It doesn't seem often that NOBODY has medical crisis in this family.

 And I'm STILL going to DisneyWorld. Am I tempting fate? I am aren't I? Good thing that's one thing I never believed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment