Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ageless Wisdom

The question is how smart was I to get this picture? I put the camera in a repetitive shooting mode and then I waded through the hundreds of images to find the 2 that caught a strike. I was standing on the dock. The thunder was thundery, the wind was bowing -towards me as I'm taking these pictures but a little towards the far end of the dock. It doesn't sound very smart. Kinda risky. But when I was a kid my mom and I would stand in the "backyard" which was the river side and watch the storm approach, dashing in only when we were already about soaked. She would get us in off the water when the storms got too near... or at least try to. I remember more than one time in our little rowboat (with an outboard) that we "ran before" the storm and I'd huddle under the bow. My mom always did think I was pretty wimpy to really be her daughter. In any case she would have stayed on the dock longer than I did.

 That;s probably why she's 96 and I'm not.

If you are interested here's an interesting article
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/sunday-review/the-boomers-biggest-challenge.html?action=click&contentCollection=Technology&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&region=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article

That is it's interesting for baby-boomers or for those studying them. Turns out time is a completely unexpected phenomenon. I will tell my mom how much easier aging is for her since she knew about time passing and not being young forever (the poor boomers had this hidden from them, possibly by the government). Aging will also be easier for everyone else from now on because we (I mean them, since I might be in the we that's the boomers) can learn from them (I mean us).

 Sometimes it strikes closer to home...

No comments:

Post a Comment