Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shopping...photos

So, here's a family update I might not put on Facebook (which I swear I'm going to sign up for (on?)): {is this too much punctuation?}
  The 24 year old girl QUIT her job. For all excellent reasons... to her. OK, so the parents aren't happy about it. You know that program where they have high school girls walk around with baby dolls to find out about how much babies change your life? I want some version where you have to pretend you are all the way grown up (like I do every day)  and, after your years of hard experience, the baby does NOT LISTEN to you... but (here's the kicker) you KNOW THEY SHOULD. You think the hard part is over but...listen closely - it NEVER really is. That would scare off those teen pregnancies!

I have practice typing in all caps from all the texting the day she told us she'd ALREADY quit.
Clearly ALL caps is very effective.

The picture is just days before she took her leap- don't you love a good photo metaphor? And it is photo-shopped since my diet is not working out well due to not doing it. We are holding hands.

Now I will have to tell Grandma the good news -she can stay at her house longer than just a weekend when she comes back to us next week, and I will have to tell her the bad news that it is because her ONLY grand-daughter is UNEMPLOYED. And Grandma is going to be UPSET and lose sleep trying to figure out if it is her fault since I am HER baby. It is probably because she had to QUIT breast feeding me when her milk dried up. Or that she was too old to have me -a two-for since I am even older with MY youngest.

I was going to blog about just meeting the eldest son's new neurosurgeon since the old (in pretty much every sense) neurosurgeon flaked out on us (after 29 years, to be fair) and left the country. About how this new guy pretty much just said, "Nice to meet you. Send me his shunt scans. Pick up my card on the way out." I kept pulling him back to give information that seemed pertinent. Like I'm just doing the talking because of the stammer but your new patient does have an associate's degree, and he has grand mal seizures, and he can go south very quickly from shunt failures and even your nurses here have missed that when he was in your flippin'  ICU but they weren't watching and thought drooling/incoherence was his norm... that might be helpful to know. On the way out I heard the doctor dictating "I just had the pleasure of meeting...."  On the plus side we had time for a nice Mexican restaurant on the way home. I forgot surgeons aren't interested in anything non-surgical. Just our beloved-but-flaky-leaving-the-country one WAS.

i am all done with caps now.

No comments:

Post a Comment