Monday, October 12, 2009

Retreating and advancing


I survived a women's church retreat. Actually, it survived me. And it was actually quite wonderful and I could get very mushy about the love-ly (really) women there. And only in God's house (in this case it came with 2 pool tables and a hot tub) could such a mix of people find so much comfort and joy in one another. The weather didn't hurt (as retreat "leader" this was the one thing I accepted full responsibility for). I thought adding the dolphins was a nice touch.
Back on the home front Bernie prepared for bringing my mom home. He even bought flowers for her. And got mad at the tech who told her that her hair was too tangled and not washed right and ought to be just cut off. Mom was amused though (evetually) because when the tech found out mom's age her attitude changed completely. Apparently what wasn't acceptable in a sickly 70 year old was alright in a relatively healthy 91 year old. Bernie gets so protective it's kinda cute until today when he also got mad at the hurried, he thought impatient, charge nurse. He managed to keep his temper with her but a few items carried to the car suffered. He definitely needs a break from the medical world. They did lose a very expensive medicine that was at least a third full but the thing is we got OUT of there and mom enjoyed my paella and Jesse said at grace that he is "so happy because Grandma is back at home. Shank you, shank you." So right now it is all pretty good. Oddly enough, gray day again, but one I can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment