Sunday, August 15, 2010

I have my happy face on


People often asked us why we would want to go through the toddler years again when they'd see us wandering around with a baby and teenagers, or later, an actual toddler and hairy young adult offspring (not you Carolyn) and I'd try yo explain. But see this picture? I took it several weeks ago. It is not the 5 year old who has to make faces out of any produce he sees, and it is not his foot on the kitchen counter here (where else could an adorable short person stand to get the best view of the vegetable faces (but note it is an adorably tiny foot)). Basically the husband and I were just made for toddlers. Five year olds aren't bad but he (the 5 year old) does feel he needs to explain alot to us right now. It is practice for when he gets older and we are clearly clueless. The sibings are just beginning to think we know something again. Except about the fruit faces, I still don't think they get that.
And on the national news front why can't the president comment on the wisdom of a thing?
On the caretaking front 3 more weeks and my mom will be at our house again. I miss her but it does mean remembering the coffee is in the microwave. Caleb's more frequent mouth sores (I finally realized) are from the more frequent seizures but the neurologist has no helpful hints and, in case you were wondering, I hate mail order pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment