Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'd still rather be sailing



Grandma update: Better. Not like a drunk person or one of those kids on the You-tube videos after their dentist appointment this morning ( i.e. was like a drunk person or one of those kids on the You-tube videos after their dentist appointment last night). So the anaethesia is probably almost all out of her system. So now it will start to really hurt...


And I confess I told the case manager I want her home soon -but not actually on Easter Sunday (minus 1 caring points). Discharge and transfers are all day affairs -we know from experience. Still, I assured them, we do want her home and not in a "rehab" facility (plus one caring point for me). I don't think Sunday is likely in any case with all she is still attached to but you never know and in theory it's a good idea to communicate one's expectations/needs with the staff. In theory more than practice since in practice one is simply repeating it all to various people who will not be on the duty when the times comes anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment