Friday, April 22, 2011

My still bipolar life...



I "took off" Thursday afternoon so the airplane pilot here could have a few friends over and try for abike parade without the threat of snow.


Then the father of the pilot worked an hour over what I'd expected and I was frantic about having left my mom alone that long. She was fine when I arrived but did decide to tease me that she'd been thinking we had forgotten her. Not funny mom.


This morning as I was still lying in bed the ex-airline pilot (with only one front tooth) came in and said he "was thinking he should cuddle me" -so climbed in and put his arms around me and told me he loved me most.


This afternoon I learned about care and maintenance of a colostomy. In between I got mad at my better half again, madder still at the nurse who mis interpreted the message that I was running an errand but would return and didn't want to miss the wound care nurse to be I wanted the wound care nurse to come immediately and therfore called me just as I loaded up my cart at Target to irritatedly tell me I was going to miss the wound care nurse since I'd left. I rushed through the store and still don't know how the Easter candy came to 139 dollars but I know I bought an $8 kitchen towel that has a magnet init to hang on the refridgerator and I think a muffin pan to make butterfly shaped muffins -but I am afraid to look. It should surprise no one that when I got back to the hospital the wound care nurse arrived 3 hours later.


All I will say at this time is that it really isn't that bad -if I can get tover the part about things that belong on the insides being on the outside. My mom decided it was up to me to remember the details. I beleive she could but this is one of the perks of being 93 -she has pretty much decided it's not her job to pay attention to medical trivia. On the other hand she did get out of bed 3 times today, manage the trek to her door and back (with walker of course), and generally complain far less than I would have with a 10 inch incision across my belly.


She told the pastor yesterday (he asked) that her advice for along life was one should "never argue with your betters". She said today that she never does -but she certainly argues with us!


Looking forward to sharing more details on colostomys...

(colostomies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment