Friday, June 20, 2014

On the outside looking in

There is a great song called On the outside looking in by Tim O'Brien. Only it is about how bad it is to be on the outside looking in . But sometimes it is better. Or at least it is different.                                   I thought we would have Grandma until Monday and then the other daughter would get her. But medical crises come in 3's, or 4's or I don't know, but alot around here and the brother-in-law has a kidney stone (I'm assuming no one reading this knows him - or they already know this or they will not notice it so there are no PRIVACY issues). This stone just won't go. So they have to schedule "procedures" and they all turn out to be less pleasant than one might imagine. And they don't mesh well with picking up one's mother-in-law (and her walker, and her wheelchair, and her oxygen) and installing her downstairs for a few months. They only anticipate a delay of a few days - a few days from the one week I had summer plans for the 9 year old (cubscout daycamp!) and not too many for me (other than preparing for an online summer course I am "course directoring" which actually means much less than one would imagine). 

So, out of the goodness of my heart and purity or motive I am asking anyone reading this to please pray that stone rolls away (too irreverent sounding) passes (too graphic) exits quietly.

Because somethings are far more interesting from the outside looking in. From here it looks endearing. Picturesque even. It's why I blog. To step away and look at this life, these lives... from the outside. Preferably far enough away to not see the window needs repairing, and the glazing needs paint. But I was outside looking for the large, bouncy, ball that blew away in a summer storm




So I only had to turn around...
 ( this, by the way, is quite truly the view looking out of that window... I wish grandma could still truly see it)

No comments:

Post a Comment