Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Trying to see the big picture

 We had a great time, mostly, with my mom  at her house. There are the walls behind her that her father built (well supervisedly) in 1938 and there is the river that she loves. And there is the oxygen that keeps her "tethered" as she says. She was comforting herself that while she was unsure of the day she still knew the date for the battle of Hastings.
 The gift of the short term memory was when the weather was lovely the day we left she forgot she had been miserable and melting between a window AC unit and a fan several days before. Also my cooking constantly is new and wonderful to her and completely innovative. She has at times even complimented me on thinking of something "she never would have thought of" -even though I learned it from her. Admittedly she hasn't forgotten all her cooking and still identifies many tricks I got from her. Just not all of them.
  And I didn't share with her our week long struggle with Caremark -a division of CVS (and I hope they find this) because after having told me to expect her medicine for the anemia by Thursday -Friday at the latest on Monday (last Monday) I find Friday, after doctor hours that , oh, they probably should have told me but they didn't have the paperwork after all. There's no point in recounting the many hours since then on hold, talking to the doctor, the phamaceutical company, Sylvia, Mark, Heather, Sylvia, Tamara and many other "friendly CareMark representatives." And darned if they weren't friendly. Every last one of them. And so many of them! Because although they tell you a name they can NEVER reconnect you to the same one so I get to repeat everything (generally more loudly just in case that helps) over and over and over and... you get the picture. It was almost funny when then they added to all their missing paper work the "expired" Rx -they said it expired the 21st - that would be the Saturday after we were supposed to have already recieved the medication. Meanwhile my mother's bloodcount continues to drop -the best they can hope for is to get it by next week so meanwhile she will have to have another blood transfusion and I just keep getting louder and louder...
  Except in just a few hours my sister will be here to pick her up because my turn is over (actually it ended Monday but my sister cleverly got the my-husband-has-kidney-stones extension.
We go back to the river this weekend.  I will miss my mom... and I will not...and then I'll feel bad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment