Monday, September 14, 2009

Another cat that is gone. We'd made him an outdoor cat after he started expressing his disapproval of Jesse by... no even on a semi ananymous blog I can't go into detail but when the vet stopped laughing she said it was time to banish him from the house. He made it through the first winter but last winter he disappeared. I thought of him when my mom said she felt like a wounded animal and just wanted to go find some where quiet to let her wounds heal (or die I thought) -but no. We (by which I mean the rescue squad) dragged her to the ER where 6 hours later they said her fall had only bruised her -probably. It is possible some of those cracks in her spine are new but most of them are not. She gracioulsy thanked the doctor for telling her his findings, "eventually" -he had almost made it out the door (aka, flimsily curtained opening) when this last word sort of reached out and popped him. My mom may not have good balance but her timing is great. We trundled her back home -but first we stopped by Wegman's since she had never been in one before. So there we were. Mom and wheelchair, Caleb and crutches, Jesse in a cart and me and my sweetie. It was kinda like a date night.
And now, with my sweetie gone on a work trip (they are testing something with balloons, really) , my mom moving as little as possible and me wigging out on some student when I couldn't remember a simple way to make a nice example of confounding I come home and Caleb tells me his head hurts. It has been hurting for hours. And immediately I think that this time I really will lose my mind. Or not. He did admit then that he had forgotten to drink much today. I made him drink and called my prayer partner- she asked if there were any flu symptoms (wisely I have an RN prayer partner) -that would be good. H1N1 would be way better. That's where I am right now, hoping it's just swine flu. Of course there is the very real chance it is just a headache. After all, mom is fine, I found my necklace in the hospital parking lot today only a little run over, I was not at all confused with one student -it's all good (evetually)

No comments:

Post a Comment