Friday, September 25, 2009


I don't seem to have alot of pictures of my mom's in September -but there was this after a hurricane 3 years ago. She sailed that boat alone not that many years before but the center board kept falling out. Really. Sometime bernie would dive for it if we thought it went missing around the dock. Now mom is sort of like this in the hospital. They are as well run as ever. Today was spent waiting for tests that were "DCed" by one doctor and reordered by another. And then the guy I thought was the competent one ordered two tests done together that can't be done together. It hadn't made sense to me either but I kept my mouth shut (oddly enough). The radiology department didn't though and had to explain to the nurse (who explained to the doctor) that they would actually have to wait 24 hours between tests. Meanwhile no food or drink -and she just wanted her coffee!
Now she has had her coffee and more pain meds and is "resting comfortably" but we still have no idea what comes next. A hospital bed at home at the very least. I wanted to find her something interesting to read but the only news magazine in the gift store had a picture of an electrical cord and said "PULLING THE PLUG ON GRANDMA". I didn't get it. On the other hand I couldn't resist telling her about it. There are no plugs to pull now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment