Saturday, September 19, 2009

This picture has nothing to do with what I wanted to say today but I like the story it tells -all you have to know to fill in the caption is that the track over the roof and down the windshield of the car was put there by the yellow sled in the hands of the perpetrator.
Snowiness and that day seem a far far distant memory today. Now I am fighting my way through all Caleb's bills (it took 4 months but I just got the neurosurgeon's grand total) and trying to be cheery and encouraging seeing my mom in more pain than I have ever seen her in before. Every movement is painful and that means they aren't very quick and that means she can't get where she need to go in time all the time and that means she is embarassed and I am doing alot of laundry as cheerfully as possible. See me whistle while I work... And because she is trying not to complain about life she does complain about the bread my husband got (bad German pumpernickel buying man, bad) or politics or the medicine we try to get her to take or... herself. She is ashamed of herself. I inherited this tendency. The sicker I am the more I apologize -mom always said that was how she could tell when I was really sick. So I guess she is not faking it. But it did get us to go get her the better bread.
And by the way -you know who comes in and keeps grandma company and gets her lunch when I go out? Caleb, of course. And who reads to Jesse when I was too busy? Grandma of course -well all the time, -but when the codeine kicks in! So it is ok, really. (And Wegman's does have the best Napoleons)
I'm think of adding cooking tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment