Saturday, September 12, 2009

falling

This cat is gone but not from falling. She was the best cat so of course she died first. If she had fallen -at least from this she would have landed on her feet. 91 year olds do not land on their feet. Even from no height at all. My mom fell today trying to sit down at the table. The 4 yr old tried to help her up. He went and got a napkin to do this -we do not know why. Eventually my sweetheart (who I fell in love with yesterday, last counting) and the grandson with mutton chops were able to help her up. Then I gave her ibuprofen and the sweetheart offered her wine or tramadol -she went for the wine, and he put on some loud Italian opera and she went back to bed and the littlest took her "Horton Hears a Who" to read to him.
Short pause to check the shelf placement of my latest home-improvement project (which I now pay my children to do) and stop to dance to Guy Clark's rendition of "Homegrown Tomatoes" (find on YouTube), -then my guitar background music, working out the chords. Oh the pauses to dance -that's why I keep falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment