Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grandma is taking a long time to live




That's what the youngest said a few weeks ago. He meant well. In fact he meant just what he said - it takes a long time to live to be this old. And today my mom was weeping on the phone and said, "no one tells you what it will be like to be 93." No, they don't.


Now, I just read that Steve Jobs has died. For my age bracket that is ... I don't know. A bit of an earthquake. The ground shifts abit at least momentarily. I am just enough younger to have seen him as "older" but close enough in age to find it jarring. All my adult life he has been the "great innovator".


But he won't know what it is to be 93 and could offer no guidance there. I have no stock in Apple so it is really just interesting news (it took about 20 minutes for Google News to catch up with Yahoo News and move it to the lead story- that was interesting).


So life continues to be odd and not always (read: never) what I pictured when I was young. Also strollers have changed alot since Grandma was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment