Monday, October 31, 2011

trick or treat



This was the little guys first Halloween to dress up. Appropriately he was a prince. More appropriately he has been a pirate every year since (editor's correction: he was actually a knight the year after this photo to be historically accurate). He and the bro' are admiring themselves in Grandma's mirror (next to Grandma's t.v.). I can not recall if she was actually in residence that particular night. The t.v. was there so I know she was here quite often but it was another 2 years before I would telll people (or certainly her) she truly lived with us.

Now she is at my sister's for a few months (one month more) and the bro' has his own house but no heat and not always water so he finds himself here often enough. That would be often enough to never be exactly unexpected and I'm pretty sure not to need his own soap. Of course the eldest has no plans to be buying his own soap anytime either and the college girl likes to come home whenever possible. Then again she spent the summer with Grandma at Grandma's real home so when she is home she sleeps on the sofa since her room is a bit unsorted if you know what I mean.

I went to a lovely community event last night and ran into a number of people I only see now and then and they ask about the family and who is still at home. Can you see the difficulties? I've never been known for my brevity but if any one can come up with a short answer for this let me know. If I go for something to quick I get the sympathy clucking over either the empty nest or the not empty nest and the thing is I don't mind providing soap for my "guests" because they more than pay me back for it (naturally not in cash). Of course I don't actually mind the occasional empty house that allows full rein for my inner rock star.

No comments:

Post a Comment