Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Unprepossessing -I checked the spelling

Look closely and you will see there were a lot of boats out - more than we have ever seen at this particualr spot (in front of Grandma's, you see how sacrificing we are to take her back to her house whenever possible). Well we were out too and all the boats that went by us waved. OK. And they pointed, and took pictures, and hollered out questions.
You see I -no, we have always regretted our cheap honeymoon and the reception was pretty cheap too. But I had never thought to complain that the proposal had fallen short until this summer when friends told us various tales from their children of romantic (and highly planned) proposals. Silly younger generation says I. But no, the parents had their own story and I realize, after overlooking this for 28 years, I'd been gypped. So, while our jib was in their possesion to be mended my husband suggests they put in very large letters, "Will you marry me?" on it with bright blue painters tape. Which was very funny and sweet and adorable -when we were the only ones out on the river. On the other hand sailing with my grown children and having people shout, "What was the answer?" was a bit awkward. Although not, my husband tells me, as awkward as when he sailed with a friend the next day and all the boats were out again - a bald male friend. So I have to say -he doesn't owe me for the unprepossessing nature of the original proposal anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment